EasyJet provides limited in-flight Wi-Fi access through an onboard entertainment streaming system called AirFi. Here’s what you need to know about connecting and using Wi-Fi on EasyJet flights.
EasyJet Airlines offers a unique in-flight streaming service called AirFi that allows passengers to access a variety of content, including entertainment, games, journey-specific information, airline details, and even inflight retail offerings. This service is available on all 327 EasyJet aircraft, ensuring that you can enjoy it on most of their flights.
AirFi is designed to provide passengers with a seamless and enjoyable experience. The AirFi streaming modules are compact and fit conveniently in an overhead luggage bin. The best part? The service is free of charge, allowing you to make the most of your flight entertainment without any additional fees.
How to Connect
Connecting to EasyJet’s in-flight Wi-Fi is a breeze. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get connected:
- Prepare Your Device: Make sure you have a mobile phone, tablet, or laptop with Wi-Fi capabilities.
- Switch to Flight Mode: Before you board the aircraft, switch your device to flight mode. This step is essential to ensure a smooth connection.
- Connect to “easyJet onboard” Wi-Fi: Once you’re onboard, you can access the local Wi-Fi network created by the AirFi hardware. Simply enable your device’s Wi-Fi and search for the network named “easyJet onboard.”
- Visit Onboard.easyJet.com or Scan QR Code: To access the content provided by AirFi, you can either visit the website onboard.easyJet.com or scan the QR code displayed in the cabin. This will lead you to a customized wireless engagement portal where you can select games, entertainment, and more.
- Enjoy the Content: Now that you’re connected, you can enjoy a range of entertainment options, games, and journey-specific content available on your own device.
Please note that the AirFi system does not support live inflight connectivity, which means you won’t be able to browse the internet or send emails using this service. However, the preloaded content should keep you entertained throughout your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is AirFi, and how does it work on EasyJet flights?
AirFi is a portable streaming solution deployed by EasyJet on almost half of its fleet. It provides passengers with access to a customized wireless engagement portal.
AirFi allows access to:
- Flight updates
- Digital magazines
- Destination info
- Menus and duty free shopping
- Free movies and TV (select routes)
To access AirFi’s content, passengers use their own mobile phones, tablets, or laptops to connect to the local Wi-Fi network created onboard by the AirFi hardware. This service is provided free of charge.
2. Is EasyJet planning to expand its AirFi service?
Yes, EasyJet is continually expanding its AirFi service. The trial of AirFi on EasyJet’s Swiss fleet was successful, and the airline noticed a significant reduction in paper waste by digitizing its in-flight menus and magazines. As a result, EasyJet plans to deploy AirFi on an additional 108 aircraft based in continental Europe, ensuring even more passengers can benefit from this convenient and sustainable technology.
3. How can I contact EasyJet?
To contact easyJet, you can use the following methods:
- Phone: You can reach easyJet by phone at +44 (0) 330 5515151. The call center is open Mon-Sun.
- Contact Form: You can fill out the easyJet Airline Contact Form on their website.
It is recommended to use the phone option for urgent inquiries, as direct emails have a significantly longer response time
EasyJet provides an onboard Wi-Fi network called AirFi for free entertainment. It does not yet offer inflight internet access.