Are you planning your next journey with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and wondering if you’ll be able to stay connected while cruising at 30,000 feet?
You’re in luck! KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offers inflight Wi-Fi on most of its flights, including European and intercontinental routes. The availability of Wi-Fi depends on the destination and aircraft type. Passengers can purchase Wi-Fi passes during online check-in or onboard their KLM flight. KLM also provides free messaging services on all international flights.
Availability of KLM Inflight Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi is available on most KLM flights within Europe and on intercontinental routes. However, availability varies depending on the destination and aircraft type.
On European routes, Wi-Fi equipped aircraft include Embraer 190 and Boeing 737 models. For intercontinental flights, Wi-Fi is offered on Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 777 models. Some older Airbus A330 aircraft do not have Wi-Fi capabilities.
Check your flight details in advance to confirm if Wi-Fi will be available. KLM notes equipped aircraft on their online seat maps. You can also contact KLM directly to inquire about Wi-Fi availability for your upcoming flight.
How to Connect to KLM’s In-Flight Wi-Fi
Connecting to KLM’s Wi-Fi is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Turn on Airplane Mode: As a first step, make sure your device is in Airplane Mode.
- Connect to “KLM_WiFi” Network: Look for available Wi-Fi networks and select “KLM_WiFi.”
- Open a Browser: After connecting to the network, open your web browser.
- Visit connect.klm.com: In the browser’s address bar, type “connect.klm.com.”
- Select a Plan: Once you access the website, you’ll be prompted to select a Wi-Fi plan.
Pricing Details for KLM In-Flight Wi-Fi
KLM offers several Wi-Fi pass options depending on your flight route. Pricing varies based on whether you are flying intra-Europe or intercontinental.
On flights within Europe, KLM offers:
- Free Messaging Pass: Complimentary access to messaging services like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and WeChat. Does not include photos, videos, or audio.
- Surf Pass: €8 for full flight access to emails, internet browsing and messaging. Streaming is not recommended.
- Stream Pass: €12 for full flight access including streaming audio and video.
For long-haul intercontinental flights, KLM offers:
- Free Messaging Pass: Same as European flights. Complimentary messaging access.
- Surf Pass: €8 for 1 hour or €18 for full flight. Web browsing and email only.
- Stream Pass: €30 for full flight access including streaming. Only on Boeing 777 and Airbus A330 aircraft.
|Wi-Fi Pass Type
|€8 (full flight)
|€8 (1 hr) / €18 (full flight)
|€12 (full flight)
|€30 (full flight)
As indicated in the pricing table, KLM offers tiered Wi-Fi packages suited for your usage needs. Light users can opt for the affordable Surf Pass, while heavy streaming will require the premium Stream Pass option.
KLM’s In-Flight Entertainment
Complimenting the Wi-Fi services, KLM also offers an extensive inflight entertainment system on long-haul flights.
The inflight entertainment system features a wide selection of on-demand movies, TV shows, music playlists, games, and destination content. Travelers can browse the options via the seatback screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact KLM?
If you need to speak to someone directly, you can contact the KLM Customer Contact Centre. You can find the contact details on the KLM website at https://www.klm.com/contact.
Can I purchase a Wi-Fi pass during check-in or onboard my flight?
Yes, you can buy a Wi-Fi pass during check-in or once you’ve boarded your flight.
Is there free messaging available during the entire flight?
Yes, KLM offers a free Message Pass, which allows passengers to use messaging services like WhatsApp, Messenger, and WeChat on all international flights.
With multiple pass options to suit different needs, KLM’s Wi-Fi services allow passengers to stay connected and entertained inflight.